BUY CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR, SKIN & FACE
- Botanical Name: Ricinus communis
- Colour: Light Yellow
- Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed, hexane-free
WHAT IS CASTOR OIL?
Castor oil is a versatile and valuable addition to any collection of natural oils, particularly when used as a carrier oil. Extracted from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant, castor oil boasts a thick, viscous texture and a faint, mild aroma. Carrier oils like castor oil play a crucial role in diluting potent essential oils, allowing for safer and more comfortable topical application. Incorporating castor oil as a carrier oil in your collection provides an excellent base for blending essential oils, ensuring you can create customised blends tailored to your individual preferences and needs. This nourishing and moisturising oil offers various benefits for skin and hair, making it a popular choice in the world of natural beauty and wellness.
BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR AND SKIN
As we age, our skin tends to lose its natural moisture levels. And without enough hydration, our skin may become dry, less plump, and haggard. Fortunately, there are a number of natural skincare ingredients that help improve the appearance of your skin - one of which is castor oil. Here are some of its perks:
- Improves skin appearance: Castor oil works to improve the appearance of and comforts your skin. The oil also aids in reducing skin redness associated with acne and uneven skin tone, which can result from the use of beauty products containing harsh chemicals.
- Helps to reduce the appearance of ageing: Applying castor oil, along with other support oils, on sensitive skin areas such as under the eyes and the neck can actually reduce the appearance of small wrinkles and fine lines. However, it should not be used during pregnancy and should be applied delicately.
- Enhances skincare products: In modern times, this oil is frequently used in conditioners, soaps, and balms for its capacity to produce a luxurious and dense texture.
- Volumises hair: In haircare, this oil also works to fortify your hair by giving it a fuller and thicker look. Because castor oil has a dense consistency, most users often compare it with other carrier oils such as coconut oil or argan oil which have a number of comparable features.
USES OF CASTOR OIL FOR HAIR AND SKIN
Castor oil is a versatile addition to your skincare routine, offering a range of benefits without the need for harsh chemicals. To incorporate castor oil into your regimen, simply add a few drops to your favourite skincare products or apply it directly to your skin. It can be mixed with other carrier oils or essential oils to create a custom blend that suits your needs. Experiment with various combinations to find the perfect balance for your skin type. Below is a list of suggested applications for castor oil in your daily beauty routine:
- Cleansing balm
- Facial serum
- Hair mask
- Hair oil
- Hand creams
- Massage oil
IS CASTOR OIL GOOD FOR HAIR?
Castor oil has long been hailed for its potential benefits for your hair’s overall look. As a carrier oil, castor oil is safe to use directly on the skin and hair, making it a versatile choice for a variety of hair care applications.
One of the ways castor oil can be especially beneficial for hair is when it's combined with essential oils. Each essential oil has unique properties that can complement and enhance the effects of castor oil. For dry hair, essential oils such as thyme, clary sage, and ginger can be mixed with castor oil. For those with oily hair, rosemary, tea tree, and lemon essential oils can be added to castor oil.
If you struggle with frizzy hair, castor oil can also provide a smoothing effect when combined with essential oils like rosemary, peppermint, lavender, tea tree, and cedarwood. These essential oils, when mixed with castor oil, can help to tame frizz and give your hair a sleek, settled appearance.
It's important to note that carrier oils like castor oil cannot be ingested.
Bottled in a dropper bottle for easy application