Plastic Free July
Plastic Free July is a global initiative that helps millions of people around the world be part of the solution to plastic pollution! This initiative helps us to have cleaner streets, oceans and communities.
The movement, which started right here in Australia (Perth, to be exact) as an office initiative, has now encouraged 326 million participants in over 175 countries! It’s all about the small changes you can make by choosing to refuse single-use plastics!
Here are 10 easy ways you can go plastic free;
- Use a reusable cup for coffee or hot drinks or at the very least, say ‘no’ to the plastic lids with coffee cups!
- Use metal straws
- Use a bamboo toothbrush
- Use a reusable drink bottle
- Switch to a bar of soap, instead of liquid soap
- Try reusable food wrap
- Choose plastic free produce at the grocery store (do you really need to put your bananas in a plastic bag?)
- Switch to steel or bamboo pegs
- Switch to eco-friendly cleaning products and use Only One Earth’s Cleaning Refill Station!
- Use Only One Earth’s Recycling program!
You can get so many of the above items at Only One Earth and we have the ease of being both online and a store you can visit.
We are lucky in Australia that the use of single-use plastic bags is not allowed, so we are more conscious of the plastics we are using for shopping but we need to take it a step further and look at all of the other ways we can be reducing the use of plastics in our everyday lives.
If you aren’t sure how to get started on your eco-friendly journey, pop in and visit us at one of our stores and we can give you advice, tips and tricks on making the change.