Kick start your eco-friendly journey in 2022
With a new year, comes new resolutions, usually in the form of wanting to get fit or be better with money or spend more time with family and friends but what about being more eco-friendly?
We’ve put together a guide to help you kick start your eco-friendly journey in 2022. It’s never too late to start and it’s far easier to stick to than getting fit or being better with money!
- Turn appliances off at the wall – especially ones that use standby mode and if you need to replace an appliance or device, choose the option that has the best energy rating.
- Eat less meat – try switching just one meal a week to vegetarian. This goes a long way in reducing your carbon footprint.
- Try not to waste food – freeze anything you can, have leftovers for lunch, try to use up ingredients in your fridge and freezer before buying more. If you can’t avoid some waste, having your own Compost is a great way to dispose of organic waste and benefits you as well!
- Reduce your use of plastics – check out our blog for more info on how to reduce your plastics here
- Recycle more consciously. We can almost guarantee that you are recycling things that shouldn’t be recycled and that you aren’t recycling things that should be.
- Cut out plastic wherever you can – use reusable coffee and smoothie cups, take canvas or mesh shopping bags with you when you shop, switch to metal or silicone straws, buy fruit and veg that isn’t pre-packaged. There are so many easy ways you can cut down your plastic consumption.
- Switch to eco-friendly cleaning products – Only One Earth has a huge selection of cleaning products available at the refill station in-store, so why not take advantage of that?
We’d love to know if you’re new years resolution includes being more eco-friendly and what steps you are taking to make that happen!
If you aren’t sure where to start or want more information on making the switch to being more eco-friendly, pop in to the store and chat to our staff, we are all so passionate about it and are always more than happy to help and point you in the right direction.