Eco-Friendly money saving tips
Making a few small changes to the way you run your home and business can reduce your impact on the environment and boost your bank account. We have gathered some great tips to get you started on saving some extra hundred bucks:
- Replacing your light bulbs and halogens with energy-efficient light bulbs will see you save around $100 a year for a large home or small office.
- Turning off your appliances, rather than leaving them on standby, should see a noticeable reduction in your energy bill of nearly $100 a year.
- By air-drying your clothes, you may be able to save a massive $500 per year if you currently use your dryer every day. Check out our great marine grade pegs and hangers perfect to air dry your clothes.
- Shop for what you need and never throw food out. If you buy your food from supermarkets in quantities more than you need, swap to a greengrocer that sells locally grown produce and save hundreds of dollars on your annual food bill by buying exact quantities. If you have some leftovers use one of our awesome food pouches or food lid covers to storage your food for later.
- Become a recycling fanatic - don't just fill your council bins every week without thinking about alternative options.
- Instead of discarding old furniture and other household goods, which will eventually become landfill, have a garage sale, or try an internet auction site. In the future, invest in better-quality products that will last longer and don't need to be replaced as often.
- Before you upgrade your mobile phone, consider whether it's essential. Stopping yourself from buying unnecessary purchases is not only good for your wallet, but good for the planet, too.
- Think about your paper usage make sure you use recycled paper and save trees and money by printing on both sides.
We are all in this together and trying to save some money while you save the planet it is not an easy task, hopefully these little tips gave you some new ideas, do you have some others? Comment them below and share with our community !